I entered USA in June for vacation and misplaced my passport. I need to go back to Nigeria ASAP though am permitted to stay in the USA for six months. Please what step do I need to take for me to replace the lost Visa in Nigeria. I planned to replace the lost passport before going back to my country.

marked as duplicate by David Richerby, Ali Awan, Giorgio, JonathanReez Aug 7 '17 at 19:12

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


1) Make really sure that the passport is lost, and not just in another pocket.

2) Inform the local police that you lost the passport. This will make it more difficult for others to abuse your passport for identity theft.

3) Inform the Nigerian embassy or consulate that you lost the passport. Again that will make it more difficult for others to abuse your passport, and it is the first step towards getting a new passport or emergency travel document.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.