I recently crossed into Mexico from the US, forgot to bring my passport. Could I go back using my learner driving permit? I am 17 years old.

OP comment: US citizen, born and raised in Arizona.

  • 3
    Are you saying you want to go from Mexico to the US, or the other way around? What is your citizenship? Jul 31 '17 at 18:36
  • @NateEldredge Sounds like OP was able to enter Mexico from the US but needs to get back now.
    – Michael
    Jul 31 '17 at 19:27
  • 2
    Related: travel.stackexchange.com/questions/24639/…
    – Michael
    Jul 31 '17 at 19:32
  • 1
    Strange enough that you managed to get into Mexico without your passport - they surely want to hear the story how that worked, in detail. It is doubtful that a learner's permit is enough. If you are a US citizen, they (theoretically) cannot keep you from entering the US, but it can be a lengthy thing, and it's your task to prove it. It could also happen that they think you are lying (being really Mexican), and treat you accordingly - that probably happens several times a day.
    – Aganju
    Aug 1 '17 at 1:37
  • 1
    @Aganju: For many years, Mexico imposed no border checks at all on people entering Mexico by land from the US. One could drive from San Diego into Tijuana without ever stopping, much less showing a passport or any other document. I haven't heard that this has changed. Aug 1 '17 at 18:13