I want to visit Canada for one day, going and returning from Rochester, New York the next day. Can I do that on a transit visa?

  • Are you a US permanent resident? – Crazydre Jul 21 '17 at 8:04

Who needs a transit visa?

You need a transit visa if you are from a visa-required country and:

  • your international flight stops at a Canadian airport on its way to another country

  • you will be connecting between two international flights at a Canadian airport

It's not ultra short term visitor visa. Don't forget to check if you need a visa an eTA might be enough.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.