I need a fast and reliable ride from Vienna airport to Győr downtown on a specific day at a specific time (leaving about 12:30 on a Wednesday). I arrive by plane to VIE. What options do I have?
- By car it takes abut 110 minutes, so if I take a taxi, I arrive to Győr at 14:20. But a taxi is probably too expensive.
- There are scheduled trains, e.g. at 13:33 from Vienna airport, change at Wien Hauptbahnhof, arriving to Győr at 15:17. This is my baseline. I'm looking for options which arrive to Győr earlier than 15:17. (But according to oebb.at, this particular train is expected to be late.)
- oszkar.com doesn't list any cars for that time period, and I'm not willing to wait until 17:00, when the first listed car arrives to Vienna airport.
- blablacar.com doesn't list any cars at all.
- I know about the microbus service http://www.aerobus.hu/en/gyor-vienna-airport-transfer, of reasonable price.
- Does hitchhiking work from Vienna airport? Do I get a reasonable chance to get taken quickly? Where in the airport should I show up?
Are the any other options I've missed?