A friend of mine is a permanent resident living in Spain, but she holds a Chinese Passport. If she wants to come to US for a visit. Which US Consulate or Embassy should she go to get her visa? Many thanks !

  • 1
    One in Spain, whichever is easiest for her to get to. Where does she live? – phoog Jul 19 '17 at 18:41

You need to work with the embassy of the target country you want to move to, in the country you currently reside. So in your case, that would be an US Embassy or Consulate in Spain.

  • 2
    There's also a consulate general in Barcelona. Is there any reason she shouldn't go there? – phoog Jul 19 '17 at 22:08
  • Barcelona is a city in Spain, @phoog – Aganju Jul 19 '17 at 23:51
  • 1
    Don't let the Catalonians hear you say that, @Aganju. :-) – RoboKaren Jul 20 '17 at 0:11
  • @Aganju I'm aware of that. There's a US embassy in Madrid and a US consulate in Barcelona; either would be equally suitable as far as I can see. – phoog Jul 20 '17 at 4:04
  • I misunderstood your first comment, sorry. Yes, that works too. – Aganju Jul 20 '17 at 10:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.