I have Danish residence permit on student visa which will expire on 31 July 2017. I want to visit Poland on 26 or 27 July.

Can I enter another Schengen country just few days before my visa expires?

  • Is your residence permit expiring, or only the visa?
    – phoog
    Jul 19, 2017 at 17:34
  • 1
    Expiring both visa and residence card Jul 19, 2017 at 17:51

1 Answer 1


You can travel freely within the Schengen area as long as your permit is valid. You will generally need to leave the Schengen area on or before the permit's expiration date, or make arrangements for a new permit or visa.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .