My nationality is Vietnamese and I have a flight heading to Vietnam. I have to transit in New York, Los Angeles, and Shanghai on the way (each will be just max 5 hours). Can I use my valid US B1/B2 visa for transit through those two American cities? What about Shanghai; do I need the transit visa for there also?


A visitor visa is always superior to a transit visa. If you can enter and visit (or reside in) a country, you can also transit there.

So yes, absolutely, you can use your B1/B2 visa.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.