I have been in UK for three months on work permit visa. My husband will be traveling to UK now as my dependent. Can he apply for a Schengen visa from the UK, since I am staying here & he is my dependent, although he won't have been in UK for 3 months?

  • How long is his UK visa issued for?
    – Gayot Fow
    Commented Jul 16, 2017 at 21:23
  • Its issued till March 2018.
    – user65061
    Commented Jul 16, 2017 at 21:26
  • Dependent visa issued for > 6 months should be fine
    – Gayot Fow
    Commented Jul 16, 2017 at 22:15
  • Thanks, just to confirm- so its not mandatory for a person to stay more than 3months in UK prior applying schengen visa from UK?
    – user65061
    Commented Jul 16, 2017 at 22:36
  • That rule is a member stipulation and not a Schengen one, so it really depends upon which country you are thinking of.
    – Gayot Fow
    Commented Jul 17, 2017 at 0:39

1 Answer 1


It would depend on what kind of visa your husband has. From VFS Global:

Applicant must at least meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to submit a Schengen visa application:

  • holding a valid passport/travel document
  • holding a valid UK residence permit. In case applicant holds a short stay visa, a C type visa (see example here), for the UK, then applicant needs to apply for a Schengen visa from his/her residence country.

So if your husband has a residency permit he is free to make an application.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .