I am Canadian and I hold a Canadian passport and I am currently in the process of obtaining my UK passport (my mum was born a British citizen). I plan on moving to and working in the UK do I still need a work permit or visa?

closed as off-topic by Gayot Fow, Ali Awan, David Richerby, Giorgio, CGCampbell Jul 11 '17 at 15:04

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • If your mother's transmission of nationality is valid it makes you British then you don't need a work permit, or anything else. Questions about work are beyond our competence here. Please use Expats expatriates.stackexchange.com/questions Close voting as off-topic. – Gayot Fow Jul 11 '17 at 4:13

No. If you get the passport, you are a British citizen. This means that you can live and work without restriction in the UK. British citizens don't need visas or permits for the UK, just as Canadian citizens don't need them for Canada.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.