My wife (Nigerian) has leave to remain in UK for 2 years. We applied for a Schengen visa to go to Spain for one-month holiday which we did then came back to UK. She still has 4 months before it expires (it was a 6 month visa). Can we go directly to any other Schengen country now for another holiday, or do we have to go via Spain as they issued the visa? We would like to go to visit friends in Belgium.

  • 2
    Assuming it's a multiple entry Schengen visa, this sounds a lot like another question asked a few days ago: travel.stackexchange.com/questions/9646/… – Jonik Sep 26 '12 at 19:14
  • 1
    (+1 because it's a good question; voting to close because it's likely a duplicate.) – Jonik Sep 26 '12 at 19:29
  • 1
    I think this question should not be closed. Halabi's answer for instancce correctly clarifies the situation. – Ankur Banerjee Sep 26 '12 at 21:51

If the visa is multi-entry visa then the answer is yes, she can go to any other country within the Schengen area.

If the visa is a single entry visa, then no, She can not go. She has to apply for a new visa.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.