I'm thinking about participating in Air B'n'B as a host. I'm not really worried about my potential guest, otherwise I wouldn't participate. However, I want to take some precautions so that I don't get scammed or robbed or whatever. Today I thought about these precautions, but besides copying the passport and only accept guest with a good rating I couldn't think of anything else. Are there any more precautions I should consider?
Well you can probably look at the safety tips for Couchsurfing hosts, as that'll provide some good suggestions:
- Set your expectations clearly
- Read requests clearly, make sure they 'sound' ok
- Don’t give out your personal information until you feel comfortable
- Inform your roommates, landlords, or neighbors
- Make sure your guest understands your rules and expectations
- Talk about the guidelines of the house
- Communicate and show respect
- and most importantly, it's ok to say no. You should never feel pressured to take someone on.