I am a Ghanaian, currently in India for study, but have lost my Italian residence permit card. I asked a friend what to do, and was told to report the loss to the police with a photocopy of the permit, which I don't have. I do have my Italian school results; could that be of any help?

  • Were you issued a long-term residence permit, or short term while you were studying in Italy? How long ago did you leave Italy? – Giorgio Jul 4 '17 at 17:36
  • Have a look at this article - according to what is written there you should apply for a visa again! – hatef Jul 4 '17 at 18:12

Your question suggests that you were in the country as a student, and your residence permit would have been associated with that visa status. The validity of your residence card would have been the same as was indicated on your visa. As a non-EU national, you cannot simply replace the residence card, and cannot do so when you are no longer in Italy. Should you still have a valid Italian visa and plan to return to Italy and remain for more than three months, you can apply, as you did previously, at your local Questura.

  • Hi Dorothy, your link seems to be broken! :) – hatef Jul 5 '17 at 9:03
  • 1
    @Hatef mille grazie – Giorgio Jul 5 '17 at 12:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.