Last summer I stayed 7 weeks in Thailand. It was my first time in the Southeast Asia and it was one of the best trips in my life. It was a backpacker trip with my girlfriend.
So, next summer I want to repeat this trip but in other country in this area (Cambodia, Vietnam, Burma...) The point is which country to choose. The reasons that made this trip exceptional are:
- Thailand is very cheap, 10 euros per day are enough most of the days.
- There are off the beaten track places and also touristic areas (we like to combine both).
- Incredible beaches
- A lot of people speak english (easy to comunicate with local people in restaurants, hostels, etc)
- Wide variety of thai food, but also easy to find western food (sometimes we need a burger, some pasta, a sandwich...)
- It's easy and cheap to rent a motorbike (4-5 euros)
- The country is big enough to stay 5-7 weeks
- Friendly native people
- Good sanitation (I feel that if I had a problem I'll be properly treated in a hospital)
Thailand travels, of course, have some points to improve (weather, wild dogs, etc) but we can live with that.
Which country (apart from Thailand) meet most of those criteria?