My passport was detached from the front cover but all the pages are intact. I have an Indian passport and wants to travel from Philippines to India, is it possible?

2 Answers 2


You should check with the immigration authorities in the Philippines if you travel document is valid. If not, You have to get a new (new passport from the Indian embassy) one and renew you Residency permit/Visa in the Philippines before you travel (if you want to return to the Philippines)


Immigration on torn passport is difficult. I had a similar incident when the front page of my passport had a little torn. One of my friend scared me of issues while traveling with torn passport, so I visited Indian Embassy in New York City.

I visited the Indian embassy with all the necessary documents to request for a duplicate passport request, they verified all of my documents and sealed the passport.

See my answer earlier @ Indian passport threading coming off

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .