I have an updated passport but I just misplaced my driver's licence and I cannot find it. Can I still fly to Hawaii and back with my passport?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Ali Awan, JonathanReez Jun 24 '17 at 12:53

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 5
    What nationality are the passport and driver's license? Where are you flying from? – Patricia Shanahan Jun 24 '17 at 4:03
  • 3
    @PatriciaShanahan if the plan was to use a driver's license then either the OP is clueless or the flight is domestic. The latter seems far more likely. For a domestic flight, it does not matter what country issued the passport (but the DL must be from the US or Canada).. – phoog Jun 24 '17 at 4:12

Because you were planning to use your driver's license, I assume that you're flying to Hawaii from elsewhere in the US. If that is correct, then you can use a passport instead, regardless of your nationality.

In fact, there are some other options that may be useful to you. See the TSA list of acceptable ID at https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.