I'm a Libyan citizen. I studied in Poland last year (2016.) My temporary resident card expired six months ago.

Unfortunately, the Polish embassy closed in Libya due to the problems in Libya. They told me that I must go to Egypt to apply for a Polish visa. I can't get to Egypt because it's hard to get a visa to Egypt at this time.

I thought maybe I could go to Poland and show my expired student document to the immigration border office and after explaining the problems, get a visa to enter Poland. Would that expose myself to detention or deportation?


1 Answer 1


Probably not. Airlines generally refuse transport for passengers without visa, and visas on the border are the exception anyway.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .