I am a student from India and I am applying for Canada visitor visa. One of the requirements state Proof of assets. Since I am a student, I have no personal asset. I live in our parental house which belongs to my grandparents and there is a joint property of my mother and my aunt.

How can I show proof of assets in this case? And what else can come under proof of assets?

  • 1
    If you have no assets, say so on the application. They will not ask you to prove that you have no assets. Jun 14, 2017 at 10:55

1 Answer 1


While you do not have to give proof of assets, you do have to provide evidence that you have enough money for proposed travels to Canada.

You must meet some basic requirements to travel to Canada. You must:

  • have a valid travel document, like a passport
  • be in good health
  • have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
  • convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country
  • convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
  • have enough money for your stay.

The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.

Applying for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa – IMM 5256)

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .