What would my friend need to visit Australia? He is a Lao citizen and passport holder but has been told he needs to pay$600 for a land lease check. It seems a bit excessive.

closed as unclear what you're asking by Greg Hewgill, Jan, Ali Awan, Giorgio, mts Jun 19 '17 at 6:17

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    He's told about the money by whom? – Kuba Jun 12 '17 at 19:22
  • 1
    How well do you know this person? – Spehro Pefhany Jun 12 '17 at 20:06