As I am holding Indian passport and staying in South Korea at present and I want to go to Germany from Korea directly, so am I permitted to apply for the Schengen visa from here?

If so, what is the procedure? Is there any difference?

Also about the documents as I do not have any Korean bank accounts/ insurance as per rules. So what do I do? I have an ARC, will this suffice?

  • The answer is 'yes' in principle. As long as you can make a case that it would be unreasonable to apply in India. Usually they like to see a visa longer than 6 months or a similar document that establishes residence/domicile. – Gayot Fow Jun 9 '17 at 7:52
  • You should contact German embassy and clarify with them. Sometimes countries serve citizens and legal residents of the country they ar located at only. – Oleksandr Kravchuk Jun 9 '17 at 11:17

If you are in Korea on a residence or long term visa, the German Embassy may allow you to apply for a Schengen visa through it, although it may not if you are there as a visitor/tourist. Its Seoul Consular Services are done in person.

Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
8th Fl. Seoul Square Bldg., 416, Hangang-daero, 04637 Seoul
Address in Korean for taxi driver: 서울시 중구한강대로 416 서울스퀘어빌딩 (남대문 경찰서 옆, 구 대우빌딩
Tel. 0082-2-748-4114
Fax. 0082-2-748-4161
E-mail. info@seoul.diplo.de

Opening hours (passports, visas and other consular affairs)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 09.00 am - 11.30 am
(collection of passport, visa, etc. until 12:00 am)
Wednesday: 02.00 pm - 04.30 pm
Friday : 08.30 a.m. - 11.00 am
(collection of passport, visa, etc. until 11:30 am)

  • All visitors to the Embassy are required to register at the Visitor Desk on the ground floor. You will need a valid photo identification card in exchange for an excess pass to the 8th floor.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.