Just returned from Canada vacation and I wanted my passport stamped . , but I did not know that I could have asked the agent to do so until we had passed the border back into US. Is it too late to go to passport Office (or someplace in Maryland) and get a stamp in my book?

  • 3
    Is this because you need to track your travel for a US visa? Or are you a US citizen with a US passport, and you want to have it stamped for sentimental reasons? The two situations are quite different. Jun 1 '17 at 13:33

You might try at one of CBP's deferred inspection sites. More information is available at their page on the subject. There is one such site in Maryland, at BWI airport.

If you are a US citizen, however, you are probably out of luck, because not stamping your passport is not an error, and, as the page notes

The Deferred Inspection Sites will only correct errors made at the time of entry.

If you are not a US citizen, you will probably be given an entry stamp with the proper date, but you will probably need some sort of evidence to support your assertion that you entered the US on that date.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.