I am an Indian Citizen, studying in Hong Kong and hence have a Student Visa in Hong Kong. My Parents are in Dubai UAE and have a resident visa of UAE, and are planning a trip to Europe. My plan is to go to Dubai on a Tourist Visa and from there all of us travel together. Can i apply for the schengen visa when i am in Dubai on a tourist visa?

marked as duplicate by JonathanReez May 27 '17 at 12:42

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


Generally speaking, no. You should apply at the consulate responsible for your place of residence which is probably the one for Hong Kong.

You can try and ask for an exception, but that's not a good way to start an application.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.