My parents got me a consent so I could travel to UK this summer. Do I need to have it translated into English?

  • 1
    Preferably yes. Will be easier on the any officials who you meet and who demand it. Also I am saying this because UK visa rules demand English language versions of supporting documents Commented May 25, 2017 at 12:19

1 Answer 1


Yes, you need a translated version of the letter as well, as UK immigration require all the foreign language document should be translated into English ,

here is the reference,


If you submit a document that is not in English or Welsh, it must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by the Home Office. Each translated document must contain:

  • confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
  • the date of the translation
  • the translator's full name and signature
  • the translator's contact details

Under 18s... If travelling unaccompanied or with someone other than your parent(s) you should provide:

  • a signed letter from your parent(s) confirming details of anyone accompanying you, and details of care and accommodation arranged in the UK
  • a copy of your parent(s) or legal guardian’s biographical page of their passport, which includes their signature and passport number if your parent(s) do not have a passport then you must provide another official document which bears their signature
  • 1
    We discourage link only answers as links might break (in fact, the UK immigration pages are notorious for doing this) and so I copied the relevant information into your answer.
    – user4188
    Commented May 25, 2017 at 21:17
  • 3
    I would like to see the immigration officer's face if you presented them with a parental consent letter in Welsh!
    – TonyK
    Commented May 26, 2017 at 0:33

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .