I'm a Filipina with permanent residency as a family member of European national (Article 20) given by the Italian authorities. I have a Philippine passport and I'm married to a British national; we're living in Italy due to work.

Do I need to apply for a visa to travel to the UK alone, even for a short stay (4 days)?

marked as duplicate by phoog, Ali Awan, JonathanReez May 5 '17 at 6:29

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


As stated by Timatic, the database used by Airlines:

Visa required, except for Passengers with a "Permanent Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen" or a Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen issued by Italy to family members of a national of Switzerland or an EEA Member State. They must travel with or travel to join the national of Switzerland or EEA Member State.

So if he's not going to be in the UK while you're there, you do need a visa.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.