If I have a Schengen visa issued from Hungary for 20 days how many days do i have to stay in Hungary itself and how many may I travel outside of Hungary in the Schengen area? Additional info:

  • I am Russian
  • I will enter the EU in Austria
  • I will exit the EU in Hungary
  • Visa is issued by the embassy (Hungary) in Russia

closed as too broad by phoog, user 56513, Ali Awan, Olielo, David Richerby May 5 '17 at 10:10

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • You may have to enter the country that issued visa first (Hungary), as per schengen rules. eeas.europa.eu/sites/eeas/files/… – pbu May 4 '17 at 9:14
  • 3
    @pbu There is no such rule, FAQ notwithstanding. But what in this document makes you think there is such a rule? – Relaxed May 4 '17 at 10:18
  • I am sorry apologies to OP, you are right @Relaxed. It says there As a general rule you may cross any Schengen border with visa issued by any Schengen country. – pbu May 4 '17 at 11:50
  • Was your visa issued IN Hungary as you say (which would be a rather special situation, so please explain more about why that happened), or issued somewhere else BY a Hungarian consulate/embassy? – Henning Makholm May 4 '17 at 11:53
  • @HenningMakholm im sorry for the confusion, i updated the question, thanks =) – user3391780 May 4 '17 at 12:07