I am presently employed by staffing agency in the Philippines as a US-based coordinator to their client in the US. I am the company representative of our agency in the Philippines. During my stay in US, our client is responsible for my stay. I have a valid B1-B2 visa but it is soon to expire on July 2017. Can I apply for B1-B2 visa while I am in the US?

  • 1
    How long are you expecting your stay in the US to be? Commented Apr 20, 2017 at 13:23
  • Also, when do you plan to arrive in the US?
    – phoog
    Commented Apr 20, 2017 at 13:48

1 Answer 1


Short answer: You cannot apply for any US visa while being in the US.

But note that the US is special in the sense that they only require you to have a valid visa to enter the country. As always, the visa of course has to be suitable for the purpose of the visit.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .