I have H1B stamping on my current passport that is going to expiry in 4 months. I am still at India and first time travel to USA. If I take a new passport,
1) Do I need to go for stamping again?
2) Will they invalidate the valid visas in old passport?
3) Simply, Can I use old passport?
please suugest!

  • I am not sure if it is possible to use the old passport. I believe it is possible to use the Visa that the old passport has, but not really use the old passport. – Marcel P. Apr 10 '17 at 19:27
  • 1
    No, no, and Yes (you can use the visa in the old passport however you need to use it together with a new passport). Voted close question because H1B not covered here – user 56513 Apr 10 '17 at 20:06
  • 1
    Please ask at Expatriates. – phoog Apr 10 '17 at 20:20
  1. No, not while the visa remains valid

  2. No

  3. Yes, together with your new one. You must present both at immigration, the old one open at the visa page, and the new one open at the main ID page

Source: Timatic, the database used by airlines:

A passenger may enter the USA with a valid visa in an expired passport, provided also holding a valid passport of the same nationality

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.