I'm Vietnamese and now studying in the US. I also have a Vietnamese passport and US visa. If I come from San Francisco to Vietnam and I have to transit in Korea 3 days, can I go outside to travel with 3 days, then come back to Korea airport, and go to my country - Vietnam ? Thank you.


As stated by Timatic, the database used by airlines:

Nationals of any country with a visa issued by the USA if in transit through Korea (Rep.) if: -holding confirmed onward tickets on flights departing within 30 days; when -arriving from the country that issued the visa (a visa that expired on departure from that country is accepted) and departing to a third country.

So yes, you can enter South Korea by presenting your passport and connecting flight ticket and stay for max 30 days

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.