For residents of UK, the documents for Swiss visiting visa application include one such item:

(for student) student letter confirming the purpose and duration of the trip to Switzerland and the date of returning to work or school

However, I go to Switzerland just to visit my relatives. Therefore, my school is not able to confirm the purpose and duration of my travel, since I am not travelling on behalf of my school.

In this case, can I provide only a Status Letter proving I am a student of my university, without indicating travelling purpose and duration on that very letter?

In addition, I am trying to apply for two-year multiple entry Schengen visa.


1 Answer 1


I sent an enquiry to [email protected]. Got an answer the next day:

Thank you for your email. Kindly be advised the ‘letter of status’ is accepted by The Embassy of Switzerland. Please note the letter must be dated not older than a month and should have a pen signature
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information or clarification you might need. Best regards,

In conclusion, providing only the status letter is OK.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .