I have a German passport and use ESTA to enter the US, my wife has a regular visa

Can she use the ESTA line with me?


There is no ESTA line. Both you and your wife will need to use the "Visitors" line when entering the US.

If you have entered the US before on ESTA, then you may be able to use the US Citizen kiosks (it depends on the airport), however even if you are allowed use them then your wife will need to use the Visitor line as she is on a visa so you might as well use that line as well.

  • I would also suggest not going through a different line (kiosk, whatever) from your spouse. If there's any issues with entry, you do not want to be separated. I believe they would rather interview families together no matter what line they're in. – Greg Hewgill Mar 19 '17 at 23:51
  • @GregHewgill another reason not to go through separate lines: family members who travel together are supposed to submit a single customs declaration. – phoog Mar 20 '17 at 14:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.