I am traveling from India to Australia next month. Can anyone please tell me which kind of adapter I should buy? will the product listed below help? or do I need to have a product which performs step up or step down also?


1 Answer 1


Both India and Australia use 240V, so you do not need a step up/down transformer.

However, you will need an adaptor, since the Australia/NZ "Type I" plug is not compatible with Indian plugs and is used virtually nowhere else: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS/NZS_3112

Adaptors are widely available in Australia, including supermarkets and convenience stores, but hard to find outside Australia. However, some fancier multi-plug adapters have rotating pins so they work in Australia as well.

  • They're widely available on Aliexpress if needed.
    – JonathanReez
    Mar 12, 2017 at 9:52
  • Should I buy the product given in the link? Mar 12, 2017 at 15:28
  • The pins appear to rotate, so yes, that would likely work in Aus/NZ. Mar 13, 2017 at 0:26
  • 1
    @AvijitDasgupta Please accept the answer (click on the check mark) if it works for you! Mar 14, 2017 at 20:34

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .