I'm planning to apply for a Schengen visa from the UK, where I reside on a 3-year business visa/resident permit. I'm self employed.

The Schengen application asks for evidence of travel such as flight tickets. However, I will go there with my British friend in his vehicle. How should I show that in the application? What sort of proof is needed when travelling by private vehicle?

  • 1
    How are you getting the car across the channel? – nkjt Mar 11 '17 at 12:09
  • 1
    Where do you see that you must buy flight tickets to apply for the visa? That is incorrect, so you should consider whether your source is trustworthy and whether you have interpreted the information correctly. – phoog Mar 11 '17 at 12:13
  • You've got a Eurotunnel or a ferry booking, no? – Michael Hampton Mar 12 '17 at 21:04

The Schengen visa form asks how you plan to pay for the trip. Prepaid travel and accomodations are one possible way to document this. Here is a Schengen visa form, with "other (please specify)" as an option.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.