I have overstayed my visit to the Philippines by two years. After paying the fines, can I stay in the Philippines as long as I have a valid visa?

  • 8
    I don't know about Philippine law, but in the places I am familiar with your overstay will have invalidated any visa you held at the time, while at the same time ruining your chances of receiving a new visa in the future, at least in the short term, and possibly in the long term. – phoog Mar 10 '17 at 3:50
  • 2
    i am not sure how they behave but it is hard to get a valid visa because you already overstayed there with one visa. Better you consult a lawyer. – i-- Mar 10 '17 at 5:17
  • 5
    You seem to be viewing the fine as a payment for a service; it's not: it's a punishment for breaking the law. – David Richerby Mar 10 '17 at 11:58

You are mistaken. You could be in serious trouble. See

Overstaying Foreigners in the Philippines

Foreigners who have overstayed for more than twelve (12) months regardless if their stay is within the maximum allowable period or those found to be overstaying by virtue to a complaint or Mission Order regardless of the period shall be referred for deportation.

You could also be blacklisted per the law. A two year overstay on a visitors visa virtually everywhere in the world will be considered harshly.That indicates a blatant disregard for the immigration rules.

  • But then again, in the Philippines, you can just pay the right people and all will be forgiven. – majidarif Apr 27 '17 at 5:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.