This question already has an answer here:

I am Tunisian and I am in the USA and on an A-2 visa. Can I visit Canada?

marked as duplicate by gerrit, David Richerby, bytebuster, Giorgio, Ali Awan Mar 13 at 15:51

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


Citizens and permanent residents of the US can visit Canada without a visa, but other US visa types do not give you the right to enter Canada.

You will need to apply for a Canadian visa.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1020&top=16


Canadian visa requirements are independent of US visa requirements, with some exceptions that do not apply to you. (US permanent residents don't need a visa to visit Canada, but as you are in A-2 status, you are clearly not a permanent resident.)

So, you can visit Canada if you apply for a Canadian visa and the application is successful.

I presume your US visa is valid for multiple entries, but if it is not, you may want to renew it before you go to Canada.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.