I visited USA in 2011 on an H-4 visa. I overstayed for two months and then returned to avoid further complications. I forgot to return my I-94 after leaving the US, but have my boarding pass and got stamped at Chennai airport as proof that I returned. It's been six years now and I am planning to visit the USA again.

Will there be any issues if I travel again, this time on a B-2 visa?

  • 1
    Please use proper grammar and punctuation when posting on the site.
    – JoErNanO
    Commented Feb 22, 2017 at 16:21
  • Did you stay beyond the date shown on the I-94 and were you a minor? Commented Feb 22, 2017 at 16:29

1 Answer 1


If you are granted a B-1/B-2 visa now then there is no problem. It's a whole another issue whether you will get one or not. The overstay is the problem, the authorities know when you left from the airline, a real lot of people forgot to return the I-94 piece of paper when it was still paper (now it's electronic), that's not your problem.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .