My Ukrainian friend, living and working in Germany is applying for an Irish visa for a 5-day trip. She has an invitation letter from an Irish citizen. The Embassy required her to send these by post:
- online application form
- her passport (the original)
- copy of her German Residence permit
- the invitation letter
- copy of the host's passport
- her full bank statements for last 6 months (they rejected statements printed from online banking, they want them to be on "official bank paper")
- her German rent contract
- her employment contract
- an additional confirmation from her employer that she actually works there and has enough vacation days for the trip
- they seem to still require more and more stuff.
I find this amount of documentation ridiculous for such a short trip. I would perhaps expect a process like this for an US visa, but this is actually harder than getting an US travel visa. I'm trying to understand this. I'm wondering, maybe there's some justification for this? Why is Ireland's immigration policy so strict?