I am a Syrian refugee in Germany. Last year I wanted to visit Ireland, but at the airport they did not let me in as they said intentions for visiting Ireland were not genuine. Can I try to visit Ireland again?
The status of refugees in Germany can differ:
- Persons who have been granted political asylum.
- Persons who have been granted protection under the Geneva refugee rules.
- Persons who have been denied refugee status and who are legally obliged to leave, but haven't done so.
- Persons whose application is under review, or who have not yet exhausted all possible appeals against a negative decision.
- Persons who have not formally applied yet because the BAMF hasn't got to their case yet.
Generally speaking they will always have a right to leave the EU, but no right to travel within the EU or even within a member state.