I'm from Trinidad and Tobago and I possess a valid US visa. I'm travelling to Minnesota and have have several connection flights to get there. Do I need anything other than the visa?

  • 2
    Your passport is sufficient ID for domestic flights. – Nate Eldredge Feb 13 '17 at 2:42
  • 1
    We really should have a canonical question on ID requirements for US domestic flights; it would take care of lots of duplicates. – Nate Eldredge Feb 13 '17 at 2:43
  • 4
    US visas are solely for entry to the US. They are irrelevant when you are already inside the US. – user102008 Feb 13 '17 at 3:39

You will need your passport (or another acceptable form of identification, but a passport is the most likely document for a foreign visitor to be carrying). Since your visa is most likely inside your passport, you're probably all set.

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    In fact, the visa doesn't need to be in the passport as the visa is not necessary for domestic travel. – phoog Feb 13 '17 at 5:05
  • 1
    @phoog Indeed. I just mentioned that because the OP said he had the visa, and since visas are almost always inside passports, he's probably got everything he needs to travel right there. – Zach Lipton Feb 13 '17 at 5:38

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.