I am going to the UK for business meetings for one month. I have an invitation letter from our UK office and I want my wife and child to accompany my.

How should I apply for their visas? All of us are Indian citezens.

Should I write a letter to support their visa application?

Should I mention in my wife's and son's application that they will be staying with me in the UK and I will bear their all other expenses?

Should I write a statement to my wife to support the above mentioned?

Should I submit all three applications together?


1 Answer 1


If you're only coming for meetings (so, no paid work), you don't need a business visa. You can apply for a standard visitor visa along with your family. You should simply tell the truth, you're going for some business meetings, and then tourism with your family. https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/india/work/six_months_or_less As long as you fill all the requisites (accommodation, means to support you and your family, etc.) you should be fine.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .