I'm currently in Mainland China and in one week plan to leave for Hong Kong to depart to Canada. I just noticed that I cannot find my landing slip and possibly lost it.

Is there anything I can do? I cannot leave HK without presenting the landing slip, can I?

  • 7
    I would note that if you are in mainland China you already left Hong Kong. You should get a new slip when you reenter Hong Kong.
    – Dennis
    Feb 12 '17 at 15:01
  • Are we talking about your yellow arrival card that you got upon entering China?
    – mts
    Feb 12 '17 at 15:08
  • Why has this question got 3 close votes as "unclear what you're asking"?
    – Blaszard
    Feb 13 '17 at 19:25
  • 3
    @Blaszard Because he's not in HK but his question is how to leave.
    – Calchas
    Mar 5 '17 at 9:07
  • 2
    I'm voting to close this question as unclear (again) because it is not clear whether the OP is referring to his HK landing slip or a Chinese arrival card and because the Q is about leaving HK while currently in China, which is unclear until further specified.
    – mts
    Mar 5 '17 at 9:16

See answer below from the Hong Kong Immigration Department. You can easily get a replacement although it appears you do not require it to clear departure formalities.

Q3: Is it necessary for a non-permanent resident to apply for a replacement of landing slip in case of loss and where to apply?

A3: The landing slip bears a non-permanent resident’s conditions and limit of stay. He/she should keep the landing slip while remaining in Hong Kong. Under normal circumstances, loss of landing slip will not affect the departure clearance formalities. Those who require a replacement of the landing slip may apply for free at the Extension Section (5/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong).

  • Totally true from experience . I am in and out of HK at least twice a month. No problem without the Slip. Also, twice I did get a replacement slip - but that was at the border itself in immigration ( just go to the main office and ask for it if you have a good reason for needing one ) Jul 10 '18 at 1:09

In theory, nothing will block you from departure, although you should apply for a replacement in principle. In practice, there is absolute no need to apply for a replacement anyway. I never intentionally keep my landing slips for Hong Kong, and there was not a single time which the immigration officer actually cared about it. The landing slip is mainly for your reference so that you don't overstay.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.