This question already has an answer here:

I have dual citizenship South African and Italian.

My South African husband and I are planning to go to Italy in May 2017 for a visit.

We have already been on a two-week visit in October 2010 but were not married at the time and my brother in Italy sent an invitation letter.

Now that we are officially married, does the same invitation process applies or he can travel with a spouse visa?

Is a visa easier to obtain this time around as he has already obtained one Schengen Vvsa previously?

marked as duplicate by Giorgio, Gayot Fow, pnuts, Michael Hampton, Henning Makholm Feb 9 '17 at 19:49

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 1
    You've asked almost the same question an hour ago; please clarify how this question might be different. – Giorgio Feb 9 '17 at 18:44
  • This is actually a duplicate long term immigration question better suited to expatriates I believe. – user 56513 Feb 9 '17 at 18:45
  • I am sorry to seem deceiveing but since the emigration angle of my wife is only for the reason to cash the RA Policy and we will be returning to SA eventually as we have family ties here I would not really consider mine a permanent emigration and my wife still has SA citizenship so after a few months we will come back eventually. This is the reason why I reposted the question under a different guise – Rashid Feb 9 '17 at 19:08
  • 1
    Let me suggest that you delete this one. You have included lots of good information in your first question and, hopefully, you'll get the advice that you need. Posting additional questions doesn't help, nor does offering different versions. – Giorgio Feb 9 '17 at 19:19
  • 1
    Wait, what -- yesterday you wanted to go with a wife. Did he/she have an overnight gender transition? – Henning Makholm Feb 9 '17 at 19:47