I have a refugee document issued by France. Can I travel to Ireland with this, or do I need a visa?

  • 2
    You need a visa from the ROI – Gayot Fow Feb 5 '17 at 20:58
  • Yes I'm on legal resident my mate.i obtained statue de refugee the convention of 1951. – Chandra Feb 5 '17 at 20:59

As France is not among the countries noted, per The Republic of Ireland Naturalisation and Immigration Service (updated on 20 Jan 2017), you require a visa (emphasis mine):

Ireland accepts Convention travel documents issued by the countries listed below only.

Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.

If you possess a Convention travel document issued by another country, you will require a visa.

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.