To stay airside and, therefore, not require a transit visa at Dubai International (DXB), you go to the transfer desk when you arrive at Terminal 1 (the C Gates), and take the shuttle bus to Terminal 2 (F Gates) [emphasis mine].
Find your transfer desk
Our dedicated transfer desks give you the boarding pass for your onward flight.
Find them by:
- following the signs
- using our interactive maps
- asking May I Help You staff
- consulting one of our Information Zones
Terminal 1 (C Gates)
- Use transfer desk A if you’re flying with Emirates or Qantas
- Use transfer desks B and C for all other airlines
- Transfer desk E (on the lower level) is for passengers transferring from Terminal 2
Moving between terminals
When connecting between A, B or C Gates, all the gates are within walking distance. The only exceptions are the A Gates. For these you take the airport train.
If you are connecting to or from F Gates (located across the tarmac), your airline will tell you what to do. Services include free shuttle buses, Marhaba service and public transport.
Transit Between Terminals
For passenger transiting between the terminals in Dubai for connecting flights, there is a free shuttle bus running.
Note that to use this bus you do not have to go through immigration and this service is only for airside transits and runs roughly every 10 minutes and can take up to 15 minutes to reach another terminal.