I'm trying to find the best way to get a tourist visa for China, but see so much conflicting information within the Embassy website and within individual service sites. A few third-party visa service sites say (at least on one page but not on others) that most UK citizens will be granted a two-year visa. I have one trip booked now, but I am planning to visit probably two or three times a year (for a maximum of two weeks at a time).

The application form itself on the Embassy website doesn't even give the option for a two-year multi-entry visa, so how do we get that?

  • 1
    thnks for the edit to the question. i've looked at them, the Flight Centre seem to recommend them too. – laurencemadill Feb 2 '17 at 22:07

My experience with Chinese visas is that you apply for a visa and they will decide whether you get single or multiple entry. Typically, you will only get a single entry for your first trip to China. If you make multiple trips (applying for more than one visa), then they may decide at some point to issue you a multiple-entry visa.

  • 1
    I got a double-entry visa (not a multiple-entry visa) on my first application, so that may be possible if your itinerary requires it. That was only for a 30-day visa, though. – Max Feb 3 '17 at 10:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.