I am a PhD Student in UK and have been invited to Netherlands and Germany to give a talk. Both trips are funded from institutes (including accommodation and travel). Being an Indian national, I need to apply for a Schengen visa. My first visit is to Netherlands, so I am planning to apply to Netherlands visa application centre in Edinburgh. I have a gap of two days in between and have arranged my accommodation using Airbnb for the same.
1) The form is a .pdf but it says Please complete the Application Form in full, ensure it is signed, print a copy and bring with you when attending for your Visa appointment.
Is there a supposed to be an online form or should I just fill the form after taking a printout with a pen?
All visas I have applied till now had an online form.
Am I missing something?
2) Cover letter is not mentioned in the documents required section but will I need one?
3) Q. 33 in the form. Ideally 90% of my trip is funded by the institutes, only two days in between I am spending from my own pocket.
Should I tick both, etc.?
Thanks for replies. I am able to get on Acrobat and typing instead of writing but I have a few other questions:
4) Q. 16, passport issued by Govt. of India, Republic of India?
5) Q. 18, the Tier 4 visa number I have on passport is 9 digits but the space is for 7 digits only. It would be fine if I ignore 00 in the front.
Will it be fine?
6) Q. 22, Member State(s) of destination:
I should write both countries?