I had applied for a UK visa recently and it got refused. My trip was funded by my brother and sister so financially it should have been no problem. The reasons for refusal were:
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 4.2 of appendix V:Immigration rules for visitor because:
- You have stated that you intend to travel to the UK for 6 weeks to visit your brother.
- I acknowledge that you have travelled to the UK before. I also note that on that occasion you stated that you would also stay for 6 weeks and ended up in the UK for four months. It is unclear how you were able to take such a lengthy period away from your studies and what you did in the UK for that period of time.
- I have to consider your circumstances when assessing your application. The evidence that you have provided with your application does not demonstrate your own circumstance. I understand that you state you're a student and as such do not have employment but the evidence that you have submitted does not indicate how you are able to meet the day to day cost of living. As you have provided no evidence of your financial circumstances it is very difficult for me to assess your financial standing in your home country.
- Additionally, you do not appear to have any saving, income or assets of your own. On the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that you have demonstrated that you have strong family and financial ties to your home country which would encourage you to leave the UK should you be granted entry.
- In light of the above and on the balance of probabilities, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6 month or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit as required by Appendix V 4.2(a)and(c) of the Immigration Rules.
Any future UK visa application you make will be considered on their individual merits, however you are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application change.
I'm confused on what I read; I do not know what to do.
What was wrong with my application?
What do I need to provide in addition to other documents to ensure that I get the visa?
What was wrong with my application and what corrective steps should I take for my next application?