I'm going to stay there for about a month.


1 Answer 1


Guidance as to what NOT to submit includes:

This page provides guidance on the types of documents that are not required to consider your application.

if you are applying as a family/group you do not need to provide multiple copies of the same documents

  • bank statements or letters issued more than 1 year before the date of application
  • driving licence
  • photographs (other than passport photographs required in section 1)
  • notarial certificates
  • business cards
  • hotel bookings
  • ...
  • In my case it is necessary to provide a proof of booking
    – user55368
    Commented Jan 29, 2017 at 17:09
  • Thanks alot Should I mention anything in the additional information section of the visa application?
    – user55368
    Commented Jan 29, 2017 at 17:11
  • I'm applying for standard visitor visa to set for my plab exam ,all other applicants informed me that I have to provide a proof of accommodation booking
    – user55368
    Commented Jan 29, 2017 at 17:21
  • 2
    @Esma.med other applicants told you wrong. You need the PLAB registration but not a hotel booking.
    – Gayot Fow
    Commented Jan 29, 2017 at 17:38
  • 3
    @phoog it's best to show you read the guidance. But a worried applicant can always say in the remarks "My enclosures are informed by your guidance which indicates that bookings should not be included. I can procure and send these to you if requested to do so (as stated in your guidance)" etc etc etc...
    – Gayot Fow
    Commented Jan 29, 2017 at 17:59

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .