I want to apply for a Mexican visa from within the United Arab Emirates, but I am not a UAE citizen and I don't want to return to my home country to apply for one. I am in Dubai.

Is it possible for me to apply for a Mexican visa from within the UAE?

  • 3
    What country are you a citizen of?
    – Mikey
    Jan 27, 2017 at 22:55
  • 1
    Also, the correct answer might prefer you travel the hour to Abu Dhabi; is this possible within your timeframe & finances? The bus from Dubai to Abu Dhabi is about 25 dirhams during the week.
    – Mikey
    Jan 27, 2017 at 23:33
  • It is normal to get a visa in one's country of residence. Jan 28, 2017 at 10:32

2 Answers 2


Yes, from Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores:

VISA Application Process

The Embassy of Mexico in United Arab Emirates has the honor to inform recent developments in the Mexican immigration law.

According to the new regulations all passport holders, regardless of their nationalities and their country of residence, having a valid visa to enter the United States of America will be able to enter the Mexican territory without the need to apply for a Mexican visa as of May 1st, 2010.


1.- Visa application dully filled with capital letters.

2.- Valid passport with at least two blank pages. Validity of at least six months prior expiry.

3.- Passport photocopies of the first 3 pages and all valid visas.

4.- Two passport sized pictures of applicant on a white background (Uncovered head).

5.- Proof of economic solvency:

a) Letter from applicant’s employer stating salary, length of employment and position .

b) Statements of the applicant’s bank account of the last 3 months and photocopies.

c) International credit card (with an upper limit higher than one thousand USD) and photocopy.

d) Return plane ticket and photocopy

If traveling with family members, depending on the kind of relation, birth certificate &/or marriage certificate and photocopy of each document.

  • If in Arabic, must be translated into Spanish

6.- Consular fee:

Dirhams only (Bring the exact amount)

For Tourist Visa: 133 AED (cash only)

For FM3 (migratory form usually used for business trips): 500 AED (cash only)

7.- The applicant has to be resident in the United Arab Emirates

Should you need further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Once you gather the documents required, you can come to the Embassy from Sunday to Thursday from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. (Required appointment).

Detalles Última actualización: 18 Mayo 2016

The address is: Villa 1, Sector 23, Plot. 7 A, Bain Al Jessrain, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, P.O. Box: 108543, United Arab Emirates

Other contact details:

Phone: +97-12-5580088
Fax: +97-12-5580077
Email: [email protected]
Website URL: http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/emiratosarabesunidos


As long as you can find the Mexican embassy in UAE, you will be able to apply for a visa. You will have to show that you are legally allowed in UAE then you shouldn't have a problem.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .