I am planning to ride through Indonesia by motorbike and want to end my trip in Bangkok. Do you know of way to rent myself an enduro bike in Yogyarka or thereabouts, and leave it in Bangkok?

if not, buying one and trying to sell it after the trip seems to be the only option.

can you help me figure out what topics might be of importance to sell that indonesian imported motorbike in thailand?

thx in advance

edit: clarification

  • Yogya is a common abbreviation for Yogyakarta, Java, Indonesia. – lambshaanxy Jan 15 '17 at 20:36
  • 1
    @pnuts Then edit the question instead of snarking in the comments... – lambshaanxy Jan 15 '17 at 21:07
  • 2
    @pnuts - The OP won't find a one way rental across countries like that, so buy-ride-sell is pretty much the only travel option. But the question seems pretty straight forward to me, not sure why the "don't understand" police descended on it. – user13044 Jan 16 '17 at 4:46
  • 1
    @pnuts - The spare parts routine works as an import dodge (ie send it in in pieces, then reassemble upon arrival), but since he will drive the bike in as a working motorcycle, it will be kind of hard to claim it is only spare parts later. – user13044 Jan 18 '17 at 1:34
  • 1
    @pnuts - Thailand doesn't impose duty, rather they record your entry, give you 30 days to ride around and ask where you are exiting (which border crossing). The only way to leave without the motorcycle is by legally transferring ownership of it. – user13044 Jan 18 '17 at 1:58

Even for a trip inside Indonesia, it is usually easier to buy a second hand motorbike, then sell it when your trip is over

I never did it myself, but it my Indonesian friends told me it is the best way

| improve this answer | |

I got my hands on a link for second hand trading in Indonesia:


| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.