My son is traveling from LAX to Heathrow on Air New Zealand and from LHR to Barcelona on British Airways. He is on two separate tickets and did not realize that he would be unable to interline his luggage. Of course, this was a very bad idea but it's done and he leaves tomorrow! This is his first international flight experience. Air New Zealand arrives at Terminal 2 and his BA flight departs from Terminal 3. He has a 3-hour layover. He is a US citizen.
Is this accurate?
- Check-in online with BA. Will have boarding pass.
- Complete landing card distributed on the flight, writing “transit” for UK address.
- Submit landing card with passport to Passport Control in T2 before he goes to Baggage Claim. Use entry point for non-EU citizens.
- Advise Agent that he is headed to T3 for flight to BCN.
- Follow Baggage Reclaim signs.
- Clear luggage through Customs. He will have nothing to declare, so exits through Green Channel.
- Take underground walkway 10-minute walk to T3.
- Drop checked luggage at BA.
- Clear Security. Proceed to gate.