I am going to be in UK for six weeks for research purposes, doing my PhD currently. I have a friend's wedding in France I'd really like to go so need a visa for a couple of days.

How hard it is? I am a Turkish citizen, and will have a student visa from the University of Liverpool. I know it is a short-term visa, but for a wedding and in case of an invitation letter and so on, do you think they will push it too hard?

closed as primarily opinion-based by Gayot Fow, chx, Ali Awan, JonathanReez, Vince Jan 2 '17 at 10:03

Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    Given your premise and what you have told us it should relatively straight-forward exercise for them to conclude that you do not qualify for a UK application. You should apply in Turkey before you leave. – Gayot Fow Jan 2 '17 at 6:57

You will have to apply for the Schengen visa from your usual place of residence, with all the usual documents.

The UK visa has two effects. It establishes your travel history, and it gives you a destination for onward travel. So it might help a little, but you should not get sloppy in your Schengen visa applications.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.